Enel Green Power España is an Enel Group company dedicated to the generation and promotion of renewable energies in Spain and Portugal. Endesa has a 40% holding in it and Enel itself the remaining 60%.
Portugal has 191 MW of power consolidated in wind and cogeneration energy facilities, located around the whole country.
In Portugal a team of over 40 professionals make EGPE’s reality possible every day.
We currently have 191 consolidated MW in operation, distributed in the following way:
Wind: 126 MW
Cogeneration: 65 MW
Currently there is no plan for construction of any installation.
The main focus in the relations with stakeholders is on local and regional administrations and on citizens. That is why we are starting up dialogue platforms and actions that answer the expectations of the two: periodical meetings with mayors, technicians and delegates from regional administrations, actions with citizens, as Natura and Territory.
Enel Green Power España will continue to start-up wind and cogeneration installations in Portugal. Also, in Portugal EGPE is part of ENOP consortium – with a 40% stake-. ENEOP was awarded with 1.200 MW by National Administration. Once those 1,200 MW are completed, there will be a split process to share out the megawatts among the shareholders. So EGPE will continue working in all those projects inside ENEOP.
Last update: June 30, 2012
Receive email updates based on your choice of topic.The information shall be treated in accordance with Decree 196/03
Receive SMS message updates based on your choice of topic.
The information shall be treated in accordance with Decree 196/03
The gradual rise in global temperatures and the instability of fossil fuel markets are driving the development of solar power throughout the world, particularly in the area of photovoltaic technologies
EGP's guidelines call for the design of layouts that are environmentally compatible, with an appropriate number of wind turbines for the area concerned
EGP's know-how has made the company a world leader in the development of this clean, renewable and cost-effective source of energy
Italy is where geothermal energy was used for the first time for industrial purposes, and the country remains one of the leading producers of geothermal electricity
The exploitation of biomass is an important chapter in Europe's development of renewable energy