Enel Green Power North America is committed to developing and operating environmentally sound projects as an integral and fundamental part of its business. EGP-NA will ensure that all the company's activities meet strict environmental standards.
EGP-NA believes that sound environmental policy contributes to its competitive advantage and participates in the overall well-being and economic health of the communities it works with.
It is company policy to maintain the environmental integrity of its facilities at all times and under all circumstances. To do this, EGP-NA will:
- Consider environmental factors in all planning and operating decisions
- Comply with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations
- Employ environmental management systems and procedures designed to optimize environmental protection and to seek to prevent impacts before they occur
- Include knowledge of and compliance with environmental laws and regulations as a fundamental part of employee training and performance reviews
- Work diligently to use, reuse and recycle environmentally preferred materials
- Continuously monitor environmental performance in order to improve the effectiveness of environmental management
- Communicate and reinforce environmental objectives throughout the company