Enel Green Power North America (EGP-NA) has as a priority to ensure that practical and effective measures are in place to protect the health, safety, and the environment of our employees, contractors and those who have activities close to our operations.
In implementing policies, EGP-NA not only complies with relevant legislation but also encourages other initiatives for protecting and continuing to improve the health, safety and environment.
EGP-NA recognizes the importance of the involvement and commitment of management, supervisors; and the responsibility and accountability of each and every employee in the Environmental Health and Safety program.
- Seeks to avoid harm to health, or injury to workers and others, or damage to property, from its operations and those of contractors acting on its behalf.
- Requires that contractors working on its behalf apply health, safety and environmental practices acceptable to Enel Green Power.
- Acknowledges the principle that all incidents should be prevented, and actively promotes among all those associated with its activities, the highest standards of safety consciousness and performance thereby required.
- Provides services which will not cause injury or harm to health and the environment.
- Applies measures to minimize the adverse effects of its operations on air, water and soil quality as well as plant and animal life.
- Maintains contingency procedures for serious accidents, to minimize harm to people and property, and works with relevant authorities and emergency services to develop and implement such procedures.
- Co-operates with employees, contractors, governments, local authorities, industry, and professional bodies as appropriate, and takes the initiative where necessary, to promote practical environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Urges all parties to make safety a shared value by keeping safety in mind at all times and at the forefront of everything we do.