Location: Andover, MA
This position supports the EVP and General Counsel of a large and growing renewable energy company, providing legal advice and support on various legal issues including mergers and acquisitions, contracts, corporate issues and with a particular emphasis on real estate matters.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Partner with business development, finance, engineering and operations teams to ensure that legal needs are adequately met.
- Advises management and employees on a wide range of legal issues, such as corporate law, contracts, litigation, insurance and real estate issues.
- Assists Senior Management in the negotiation and drafting of mergers and acquisitions and other large scale transactions.
- Develops and implements preventive law strategies to help minimize litigation, third party disputes and other potential legal and business problems and issues.
- Provides direction to functional groups with respect to legal issues and risks.
- Interprets and explains legal requirements and assists the organization with compliance with statutes, regulations and industry rules.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school required
- 2 to 4 years of legal experience practicing in a broad range of activities, preferable with exposure to significant commercial real estate transactions and merger/acquisitions
- Become proficient in all legal aspects of developing, owning and operating renewable energy generation projects, including wind, solar, hydro, geothermal and biomass required
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Ability to read and speak Italian or French a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and commercial legal advice and recommendations
- Strong communication skills both written and oral; ability to present clear and practical legal positions
- Excellent business judgment
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to influence others and to gain support for his/her ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills; builds strong working relationships across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to details and thoroughness
- Excellent organizational skills, effectively managing priorities while meeting timelines
- Physical Activities: Talking, hearing, near acuity, handling and fingering.
- Mental Functions: Comparing, copying, calculating, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
If interested please send your resume and salary information to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with General Counsel in the subject line