The Division Controller, Construction is responsible for supervising the accounting and finance needs for large scale renewable energy projects while they are in the development and construction phases. Additional responsibilities include verifying cost estimates and supporting the valuation process of renewable energy projects to be presented to the Enel Green Power investment committee for consideration.
This is an Exempt position. The person in this position reports to the CFO of EGP NA.
EGPNA Expectation of Employee:
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures
- Promotes a culture of safety
- Communicates in a professional, respectful manner
- Acts as a role model of our Code of Ethics policy
- Performs duties as workload necessities
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Meets department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze data to forecast, plan, and project costs of new projects.
- Set-up methods/procedures for project cost controlling, budgeting and reporting
- Provide financial management of the project, including set up of the work breakdown structures (WBS) in SAP, ensure consistency between schedule and financial project structure
- Budget project costs and cash flow
- Monitor project costs and analyze variances with budget
- Ensure accuracy of actual costs in the accounting system and prepare project monthly closing
- Gather progress data from Engineering and Construction, Business Development and Procurement groups to establish project activities' percentage of completion
- Develop and provide project reports
- Inform the project manager of the project financial status, identify deviations as well as improvements
- Provide planning and financial analysis to meet project targets.
- Provide project issues, planning, milestone, and financial detailed and aggregated data reporting to management as requested.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators for staff as well as group performance matrix that align with Corporate strategic objectives
- Additional reporting and accounting projects as assigned by CFO
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Minimum of 10 years progressive related experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Professional designation (CPA or MBA) is preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience with oversight of financial accounting and reporting activities for construction projects
- Fluent English, additional languages considered a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and is required to sit frequently. Specific vision abilities required by the job include the ability to perceive or comprehend by the sense of sight including the ability to adjust focus (distinctness or clarity).
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this job are performed primarily in an office environment. The employee may travel to project locations in operation or under construction and will be required to follow EGP NA safety policy and procedures as well as site specific safety procedures.
The noise level in the environment is usually quiet.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org