The individual in this position is responsible for the administration of the company’s time and attendance and payroll systems. The Payroll Manager is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related employee service, including recordkeeping and reporting. This position provides accounting and project support to Accounting. This position reports directly to the Administrative Services Director.
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions is accurate and timely.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports.
- Document workflow and work procedures.
- Prepare and maintain standard ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Communicate actively with accounting to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Process, track and communicate time and attendance.
- Process and maintain expatriate payroll and tax information.
- Special projects as required.
- 5-7 years experience managing a multi-state payroll
- Extensive knowledge of ADP and ReportSmith
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Experience with the taxation of employees on visas working in the US
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Superior communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com