Location: Garden City, Kansas
Coordination of construction team during the construction of renewable power plant (wind), ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents within the assigned cost budget and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the contract. Checks the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Overall coordination of construction site activities with different contractors
- Coordination of construction team assigned (Civil, mechanical, electrical, Safety and environmental)
- Check documents, from internal and external sources, are complying with design and permits requirements.
- Possess an understanding of HVAC/Electrical systems and geothermal design work in accordance with IGSHPA and ASHRAE standards to assure design compliance.
- Develop, prepare and control submittals for technical construction specifications, schematic drawings, layouts and blueprints.
- AutoCAD design/drafting as necessary to assist the design team.
- Insure design documents are in accordance with the appropriate client requirements and criteria, and that appropriate documentation is applied to all transactions.
- Review and reconcile Quality Control (QC) documents and field data to insure design standards are being met.
- Observe and report findings of daily site mechanical activities from subcontractors; raise Field Observation Reports for deficiencies when required.
- Create reports to monitor, and track site activities relating to project schedule through daily and weekly plans, logs and reports.
- Provide input based on lessons learned to the construction team for use in contractor and vendor contract negotiations including pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Excellent organization skills, customer (internal) orientation and proven ability to work cross functional as well as externally with subcontractors and vendor. Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills. Team building skill.In depth knowledge of industrial construction practices, power plant engineering, plant operation requirements, and environmental and safety requirements.
- Proficiency in monitoring contractors’ performance in the areas safety, quality, environmental conformance, and schedule.
- Review all drawings and notify the Construction Manager of any problems regarding constructability and design deficiencies
- Raise RFIs for unclear design, unspecified materials, discrepancy in the design etc.
- Microsoft word processing, spread sheet, excel, and projects scheduling software.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Detailed individual with organizational skills to compile and track project documentation.
- Good personal work skills with due consideration for office protocol and expectations.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- BS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent of supervising large utility scale power generation construction projects.
- At least 5 years’ experience as Site Construction Manager or similar technical role in Engineering or Construction Companies.
- International experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 100% of time including accepting temporary assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Spanish or Italian preferred.
If interested please email resume and salary requirement to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Site Coordinator in the subject line