TITLE: Senior Mechanical Engineer
REPORTING TO: Director of Technical Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (salaried)
LOCATION: Andover, MA
This position is primarily responsible for providing mechanical expertise related to maintenance activities, major repairs and Capitol Upgrades and for the development of “Scope of Work” documents to support the procurement process for these projects. The position coordinates these activities with various members of the O&M staff and is part of a staff of three experts that report to the Director of Technical Services for issues associated with the Mechanical, Electrical and Civil aspects of our operating portfolio of electric generating projects. The position will also be responsible from time to time for review of new project designs lead by the EGPNA Engineering and Construction Division (E&C), for acceptance by the O&M Group. As part of a larger international operating group, this position will be interfacing with colleagues relative to best practices and standards.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise to the Operation and Maintenance organization in the areas of Hydroelectric, Geothermal, Biomass, Wind and Solar.
- Create mechanical technical specifications for routine maintenance plans
- Analyze and approve the scope, terms and condition of services for major mechanical projects within the Operation and Maintenance organization.
- Review and modify new and current mechanical component and system designs as required to maintain or improve unit availability, reliability and performance.
- Analyze and approve the specifications, terms and condition for significant mechanical components purchases for projects within the Operation and Maintenance organization.
- Define and implement process improvements based on current Key Performance Initiatives, including unscheduled outages, plant availability and production to budget.
- Evaluate and analyze the current state of each plant and their individual maintenance plans. Create an overall strategy based on EGPNA’s technical services guidelines.
- Support the budgeting process and long term planning for EGPNA’s operating assets.
- Support E & C and Business Development with the review of technical specifications and project plans for new projects or major upgrades managed by these groups.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Central O&M technical groups.
- Staying current with Industry trends and participate in seminars and training events as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Mechanical Engineering degree with Professional Engineers License
- Minimum of 10-15 years of related experience in power generation or with large rotating equipment with a focus in either the Hydroelectric or Wind Generation field
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Familiarity and demonstrated experience with MS Project, Power Point and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarity and demonstrated experience with Auto CAD preferred.
- Periodic visits to the operating projects in North America including the ability to climb ladders and enter tight areas.
If interested please email resume to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com