The person in this position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of our hydroelectric power plant facilities. Rotating on-call responsibilities will be part of this position.
- Daily operation of power plant equipment including daily logs, preventive maintenance tasks, and reporting requirements
- Periodic preventive maintenance and inspection of plant equipment and facilities
- Participate in major and minor facility repairs and upgrades. Aid in budget preparation.
- Coordinate, schedule and participate with subcontractors, equipment service work, inspections and overhaul activities as required.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, and regulatory safety standards and procedures
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical skills as applied to turbines, generators, large diesel engines, compressors, pumps, motors, valves and related equipment and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Knowledge of operation of power plant systems and equipment, principles of rotating equipment, and appropriate safety procedures
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to respond to emergency calls
- Familiarity with CMMS tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems and provide applicable solutions. Must be able to work independently in areas of expertise
- Ability to frequently climb ladders and enter confined spaces; climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways; lift up to 50 pounds from the floor to the waist