Location: Fallon, NV
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, inspection, repair, testing, and adjusting of mechanical equipment and systems in a geothermal power plant. They will schedule, coordinate, supervise and/or participate in preventative maintenance, as well as scheduled and emergency repairs and overhauls. The Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for maintaining the Mechanical Integrity Program at both Stillwater and Salt Wells. Additionally this role is the direct supervisor of the four plant Mechanics, and will coordinate their daily activities.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for daily supervision of four Plant Mechanics, and all maintenance activities.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of the machine shop and weld shop
- Responsible for maintaining and understanding the Mechanical Integrity Program.
- Responsible for Schedule all Maintenance activities via Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Excel.
- Responsible for ensuring SAP PM is being utilized and implemented.
- Supervise repair and preventative maintenance on all plant equipment
- Ensure housekeeping of those areas assigned to the maintenance department is conducted.
- Responsible for Maintaining and building training program for lead and junior mechanics
- Oversee tasks that have been assigned to all mechanical personnel, and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with vendors to obtain best possible pricing for applications.
- Complete all transactions pertaining to Purchasing parts or materials as needed utilizing SAP.
- Responsible for scheduling yearly outages, and other preventive maintenance tasks.
- Timely completion of position related special projects as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Maintaining sufficient inventory on necessary materials, including responsibility for inventory of tools, and oversee mechanical inventory monthly checks
- Work with and support operations in safety programs, ie, lock out tag out, Hot work, and line breaking
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES|
- Must have a strong aptitude towards safety.
- Must have previous supervision experience in an Industrial generation or processing environment.
- Previous experience in Power Generation a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding capabilities
- Champion computer skills; must be fully capable of using MS Project, Excel, and Word. Previous utilization of SAP a plus.
- Ability to read detailed drawings and equipment blue prints
- Very strong mechanical aptitude
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Willingness to stay late, and, or start early, to ensure all work is complete
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to operate and qualify to operate Heavy Machinery, ie. Forklift, Manlift, Boom Truck, Water Truck.
- The ability to use all required PPE required for the position.
Physical Activities: walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This could include, working in extreme heat or extreme cold conditions.
The noise level in the environment is usually loud and requires the use of PPE.
Local Candidates only
Must be legally able to work in the United States without a Visa Sponsorship
If interested in applying for this position, please email resume to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com