Spain

Profile of the company

Enel Green Power España is an Enel Group company dedicated to the generation and promotion of renewable energies in Spain and Portugal. Enel Green Power has a 60% holding in it and Endesa the remaining 40%​. The company has been operating under this brand since June 2010, however its operations date back to the '90s, under the ECYR brand (Endesa), and since 1995 under EUFER brand.

Spain has 1710 MW of power consolidated in 97 renewable energy facilities, located around the whole country.

EGP España is one of the leading companies in the sector in installed capacity and production. We carry out our activity in the whole territory and in all renewable energy technologies, such as wind, solar, mini-hydraulic, biomass or cogeneration technologies.

A team of over 200 professionals in Spain make EGPE's reality possible every day.

We currently have 1,710 consolidated MW in operation, distributed in the following way:

Andalucía: 315 MW

Castilla La Mancha: 86 MW

Castilla y León: 434 MW

Galicia: 469 MW

Valencia: 60 MW

Aragón:  267 MW

Asturias: 35 MW

Canarias: 37 MW

Cataluña: 7 MW

(19.05.2015)

By technology:

  • Wind: 1,615 MW
  • Solar: 13 MW
  • Biomass/biogas: 39 MW
  • Hydraulic: 43 MW
  • Cogeneration: 14 MW

 

Operating projects *

Acampo Hospital

  • Municipality: Acampo
  • Province: Zaragoza
  • Year of construction: 2012
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 5,4 MW

Agreda

  • Municipality: Agreda
  • Province: Soria
  • Year of construction: 2012
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 18 MW

Aguilón

  • Municipality: Aguilón
  • Province: Zaragoza
  • Year of construction: 2011
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 50
  • Turbines: 25

Angosturas

  • Municipality: Campillos and Teba
  • Province: Málaga
  • Year of construction: 2013
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 36 MW
  • Turbines: 18

Cogollos

  • Municipality: Burgos
  • Region: Castilla e León
  • Year of construction: 2011
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 50

Granujales

  • Municipality: Cádiz
  • Region: Andalusia
  • Year of construction: 2011
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 24

Los Barrancos

  • Municipality: Arcos de la Frontera
  • Region: Andalusia
  • Year of construction: 2011
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 20

Las Llanos

  • Municipality: Burgos
  • Region: Castilla and León
  • Year of construction: 2011
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 38

Madroñales

  • Municipality: Almargen, Campillos and Teba
  • Province: Málaga
  • Year of construction: 2013
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 34 MW
  • Turbines: 17

Padul

  • Municipality: Padul
  • Province: Granada
  • Year of construction: 2012
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 18
  • Turbines: 9

Sierra Cortado

  • Municipality: Almenar de Soria
  • Province: Castile and Leon
  • Year of construction: 2012
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 13
  • Turbines: 9

Valdihuelo

  • Municipality: Navalperal de Pinares and Ávila
  • Province: Ávila
  • Year of construction: 2011
  • Type: wind
  • Capacity: 16

Main focus of CSR/stakeholders relations

The main focus in the relations with stakeholders is on local and regional administrations and on citizens. That is why we are starting up dialogue platforms and actions that answer the expectations of the two: periodical meetings with mayors, technicians and delegates from regional administrations, actions with citizens: Nature and Territory. We launched this programme in Spain with two initiatives (a hiking route in the Los Barrancos Wind Farm, in Andalusia, and a Duathlon competitions in the A Capelada Wind Farm, in Galicia).

- - -