The Pedaso hydroelectric power plant is located in the coastal town of Pedaso in the province of Fermo, along the Adriatica state road, about 100 meters from the sea. Built in Art Nouveau style from a design by architect Piero Portaluppi, who was famous for his designs of hydroelectric power plants and industrial pavilions, it was completed in 1931. The building is entirely clad in travertine.
The plant uses water from the Aso river which is channeled through a canal that is almost 15 kilometers long, with an almost 120-meter drop and an average water flow rate of almost 3 cubic meters per second. It has two twin turbine-alternator groups for 4 MW of total power and 5.4 GWh of energy production, which is capable of meeting the annual energy needs of 1,800 households.
In 1953, it was damaged by an extremely violent flood. In 1974, it was automated and has since undergone numerous renovations.