Located on the Sile River in Treviso, this plant is a rare example of a facility located in a historic city center. Built in 1917, while the First World War was still underway, the plant was automated in 1969. Today it is controlled remotely from the control center in Polpet, Belluno, which was opened in 2004. The plant is able to generate more than 1.74 GWh per year, thereby avoiding the emission of around 1000 metric tons of CO2 into the atmosphere each year.
The facility at Ponte San Martino is a run-of-river hydroelectric power plant. A weir on the Ponte San Martino channels the river water into the power plant below. The facility is equipped with two horizontal axis turbines. Two tilting sluice gates, a spillway and three sluice gates at the head of the spillway are visible from the outside.